Thursday, June 29, 2006

If What Could

If what could, would happen before the settling of night
I may wish to be found lifeless by dawns early light.
If what could, would be settled when God's trumpet blows
I may wish to regret things that God only knows.
I've driven the stake through beauty, that more than eyes have seen
I have altered a love's perception that can change all that has been.
I've seen beauty shattered and love lifeless on the floor
I've caused the hurt that no weapon has caused such pain before.

To reset the battle's ticker, to reset the trumpet's call
To find the peace that never shall be, before my curtains fall.
I'll walk the sands of torment and crawl the hills of shame
I'll wish for non-existance, and for a chance for never a name.
Don't walk with me to my closing, don't walk till my road ends
Walk to better travels, and please... accept my ammends.

-TwistedPain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home